Saturday, January 5, 2013

I can't lie still any longer!

I'm ready to get moving. Let me tell you, an incubator, tubes, and wires do not make it easy. And don't get me started on the fentanyl! I guess I should explain...

Ever since that PDA closed my breathing has been more stable and I've been rolling over. Actually, because of my ventilator tube I can't yet roll over myself. The nurses help me make it onto my stomach. I enjoy it a lot more. It puts me in perfect position to do some push-ups and get a head start on crawling. But as soon as I started inching forward, the nurse gave me a dose of a fentanyl, which everybody knows is a strong sedative and pain-killer. How can anyone do push-ups with fentanyl flowing through their veins?!

So today, instead of crawling, I decided I'd just strengthen my core a bit with some leg lifts. Mommy got some pictures of it. She said people would laugh if they could see it. I'm not sure what to say to that, but what can I say - I like making people laugh! Take a look at the picture and video I've attached.



By the way, thank you all for your emails and messages I've received lately. I appreciate your love and concern for me and my little family. I'm sorry I haven't kept you up-to-date in the last couple of days, but there's good reason for that. Daddy has been sick and hasn't been able to come visit me for a few days, and it's his laptop I've been using. I miss him, and mommy tells me at least twice a day that he misses me a lot. I guess that explains why she takes so many pictures and videos of me lately!

Some of you have been asking for specifics, so if you're interested then read on. If you'd just be bored, then skip to the last paragraph.

I'm able to breath much better than before, and only have "episodes" occasionally when I try to focus on too many things at once (like being poked in the heel for the 20th time in a day, getting my diaper changed while I'm still going, and hearing all the beeps from the machine at the same time!). They say I have a distended bladder too, whatever that means. I don't think they're too worried about it yet. I've been gaining a lot of weight lately and now weigh 22 ounces, which is 8 more than when I was born!

My blood sugars are still out of balance, but I figure that everything can't go so smoothly. I have to keep the doctors and nurses on their feet somehow. And it doesn't seem to upset my parents as much as my breathing did last week.


Thank you all again for your prayers and support. Mommy said that everyone asks about me. I never knew I was so popular! She also told me that many of you have brought by dinner or have sent cards with kind words or have offered all sorts of help. I'm so grateful that you're helping to take care of them, as they do their best to take care of me. I love you all!

Love,
Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment