Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I don't know about you, but Christmas wore me out! Is it always this exciting?

Santa came and visited me last night, but no one told me it was him and I thought I was getting a new doctor! It's probably a good thing he's not my doctor though - I think his beard might get sucked into my ventilator.


I just want to share with you, in a few sentences, what I am grateful for today.

The ultrasound of my brain didn't reveal any bleeding to the doctor, but I could've told him that. They say the risk of that is highest in the first few days after leaving mommy's warm tummy. I am grateful that my brain isn't bleeding.

I'm also thankful that I don't have CMV. If you don't know what that is, do what my daddy did and google it. I'll just tell you it's nothing more than a cold virus for you, but would sure hurt me.

The doctor said that he could see my lungs beginning to develop for the first time today. He said, "I don't know how he was breathing for the first five days." Well, I know how. That's why I'm thankful for angels. Sometimes you can't do things for yourself, like preach the Gospel or breath air, and that's when He sends the angels.

I am especially thankful for my mommy and that she got to go home for Christmas today. She had a rough time in here, but she's too tough to stay sick. She walked out of the hospital herself today, but not before visiting me for a long time. I am thankful for my mommy.


Merry Christmas everybody, and if you ever doubt that miracles happen, just think of me! I'm not saying it's easy or that trials end quickly, but things could be a lot harder without Heavenly Father and his perfectly empathetic Son. They make up the difference, and I am thankful for that!

Love,
Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment